08 July 2008

First Run in a Long Time

Well we got our email reminder from G-O-A-L-S to register for the Krista which is a 50 mile race at hawk mountain. (one of our favorites).

My plan was to work hard this year and try to get us in contention for a top 10 or podium finish. then Disney happened. My previous post.

So, today I am 12 pounds heaver then the target I set for myself 5 months ago, I am 2 minutes per mile slower.... but the good news is I don't feel any pain in my knee.

that's right, tonight I ran 2miles in around 17:30, Iced my knees after, mowed the lawn and did not feel any pain. I am running in new, lighter shoes and taking preventative Advil to reduce any swelling.

Tomorrow I will go out for a quick road ride, depending on how I feel, I may run another 2 miles
Friday or Sat.

I plan to make the call on if I think my knees can finish the Krista w/o getting injured. (I am sure I can finish the Krista, but a what cost? I don't want to put the Blackbeard and Edge in jeopardy by rushing into a 50 miler.)

stay tuned for updates...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

inspiring, thx for sharing, motivated

Anonymous said...

Only tendonitis huh... that can be pretty rough. I guess cortizone cures all. Wasn't that a subplot in several sports movies, a protagonist takes cortizone to stop feeling pain only to be eventually overcome by the underlying cause.

Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat download[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you have no clue about blackhat marketing. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or not-so-known methods to produce an income online.