18 July 2007

New Bike


I pick it up tomorrow!!

Is anyone else in a love fest with their Local Bike Shop? Mine just reduced the price for the road bike I have been looking at. 350bucks off!!! (and I just noticed Curt uses ColdFusion to power his website... way cool Curt, you get 500 Points for keepin' it real)

I will pick up my TCR2 after work.

Here is another piece of serendipity for you... I needed more saddle time, especially attacking hills, and I am going on vacation next week, to a very hilly part of PA. Now I can ride longer and get more endurance training value.

In case you are wondering... there will be clip-ins.

3 comments:

John said...

Super cool Rob...now we have whole new avenues that we can ride for training.

One thing to be wary of, the wheel set on that bike looks like it is running on a few high tension spokes as opposed to a standard wheel. This looks cool and reduces weight, but it also makes the bike more prone to breaking spokes and having the wheel come out of true. Keep an eye out for pothole and rail road tracks.

I am looking forward to taking a road ride with you soon. What are your weekend plans? Not much time to train for the Krista...

Anonymous said...

some call it "the new hotness." one wonders, what does Rob Pitsko call it? surely, it's a girl?!?

Rob said...

nice one matty --

My first ride (you always remember your first :) )

23.5 miles
14.7 ave mph
37.7 max mph
(I did the lama run twice (penn-allen to longley then to michael school road))

I love my bike....

Integrated shifting and brakes makes for great turns. I think my shimano 105's are more decisive than I am.

Just pick a line, lean into the curves, and its like I am on rails.

I had to adjust my saddle (higher) 2 times. I am a little miffed that I do not have a quick release lever for my saddle.

I have a couple of nice climbs programmed here in Hazleton over vacation, hope it stops raining soon.