08 July 2007

'H' is for Hartshorne...and header...

Sam and I took a second ride this weekend at Hartshorne Woods park. We were operating as Team White and Nerdy (-) since Rob has some fairly well documented mechanical problems from our last ride that aren't resolved yet and Carol didn't answer the phone when we called.

This video is a significant step up from yesterday's attempt. By adjusting where and how the camera was mounted on my helmet we got a MUCH better angle that results in a video that shows something other than gravel rolling by. I don't think Michael Moore will be contacting us anytime soon for advice on video editing or putting together a documentary, but we have definitely improved from last time.



Caught on camera this time around we have our first video recording of me falling sideways like a big dork when I can't get my feet to to unclip from my pedals, and more importantly, Sam's debut as a professional rodeo clown (mountain bike division) as he goes entirely over his handlebars about 1/2 way through the clip.

Every time I go to Hartshorne I come away more impressed with the trails and today was no exception. Well maintained trails that are technical enough to give everyone a challenge and long climbs that provide good training value make for a great place to ride.

1 comment:

The Oracle said...

Well done, John. You have leveled up on your cinematography attribute. Thanks for editing out all my walking!